Monday, July 16, 2007

Visiting Teaching Assignments are a calling from God!

Well, duh I always knew that but it just really hit me today. Lindsay,One of my best friends, Lindsay's Dads is in our Stake High Council and he spoke in our ward yesterday. I went to talk to him afterwards and he told me that his daughter Courtney was in our ward. Courtney is and has been less-active for a long time. Well I was looking at the ward list tonight and I looked for her under her maiden name (I didn't realize she was now married) and I saw another last name w/ Courtney and I saw her daughter's names and I realized that it was Lindsay's sister! The coolest part is I was just assigned to be her Visiting Teacher. I thought her name sounded familiar, but it just didn't hit me. I got chills down my spine when I realized it was her!


Well I called Lindsay to tell her and we were both so excited! Then she tells me how she was going in her other ward because she knew someone. So I am hoping to get her out to church after she has her baby. Then here is the clincher that almost made me cry it moved me so much. One of my other best friends is in Lindsay's brother's ward and she is his wife's Visiting Teacher

I have always known these callings were not by coincidence, but it just really hit me today. I am thankful for Visiting Teaching, it is such a wonderful thing. I have made some wonderful friends and had help when needed and I have also been able to serve others thru this calling. It is truly a calling from Heavenly Father!

No comments:


My Weight Loss