Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Fourth of July!!

I hope everyone had a fun but most importantly SAFE Independence Day!! Well we started the day with a big pancake breakfast, I had to make my fat free pancakes for myself w/ lite syrup (not so yummy) but I put some fresh blueberries in to make the pancakes taste better.

Then we bummed around. Mike and the kids vegged in front of the boob tube and I did some digital scrapbooking. Then I got so bored. So we discussed for far too long what to do, lol. We were gonna hot bass pro shop and see there Africa display and fish aquarium, but never made it. We browsed Target for shoes for Mike and then off to eat. We were gonna go to Cafe Rio, but didn't feel like making the drive..and using up gas. So we decided to hit the mall for dinner and let the kids play at the park. Well everything but the big department stores were closed..including the eatery. So we played in the courtyard for a bit. Emmalee fell in the fountain, I was right there and she is okay, so I can laugh about it. Then we drove looking for something open to eat. We went to Sonic. Their Sante Fe salad is YUM! Then we made our way home. We planned on going up on a butte near our house to watch fireworks, but Peyton was tired and the thought of getting the kids up a hill in the heat didn't sound so fun anymore. So we watched the Tempe Towne Lake fireworks show on TV. Then we did some experiments. We did my friend Kristen's fireworks in the glass project (see a few entries ago in her blog)but I couldn't get many bubbles to burst. The kids still loved it. So I got out the baking soda and vinegar and the kids loved that!


Isn't it funny how you get so stir crazy at home and just getting out to window shop or for a drive can satisfy you sometimes??
Here are some pics from our fun day!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


No comments:


My Weight Loss