Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Preschool Time

Okay so I have decided since we can't afford to put Emmalee in preschool I will do it myself. I am thinking that I am going to share my lesson plans with y'all. I found a great site on Dawson's school web site. It teaches phonics the way his school does so that she can be ready by the time she hits kindergarten in 2 years. it is www.starfall.com I am gonna do it 3 times a week for 1.5 hours a day. I am not good at sticking to schedules but I am gonna try. I am hoping this will help me later when I finish my teaching degree.

Here is the math one:

http://saxonpublishers.harcourtachieve.com/HA/Resources/Saxon/EditionActivityPage.aspx?isbn=1600327176&grp=3rd%20Edition&img=1600327176.jpg&lang=en&type=M&user=sa

Dawson's school does Saxon Math and he learned so much last year.

Well I am going to start my lesson plans tomorrow. I will share all I do.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That's awesome, Patti! I'm excited to hear how it goes for you. I'll have to check out that website and see if it can help me with ideas for Kallie's Learning Time.

Anonymous said...

I love starfall! I cant afford to put Gavin in preschool either, so I've been doing it myself too. I actually enjoy it! The Dollar Tree has a whole section of school stuff, and I bought the bulletin board abc letters and put those on the wall, along with a dry erase board and made a little classroom in the corner of my kitchen. It really helped Gavin take it more seriously and learn to sit and behave in a "school like" environment. It's helping Aiyana stay up to date during the summer too. An hour a day goes a long way!


My Weight Loss