Monday, July 23, 2007

My Sweet Husband!!!

On our way home from SJ he told me that he had some momey set aside from his last side job to finish the kitchen. Anyone that has been to my house knows that I LOVE decorating and Mike and I do a lot of do-it-yourself projects. The last almost 2 years have been spent putting new floors, painting, etc. Well since we are in no means rich we have to be thrifty with it and it means strecthing it our over a long period of time. So our next project is to paint our cabinets. We have old cabinets and they look okay, but are getting older by the minute, lol. So this weekend we will be painting them a distressed black! I am so excited. Then by Christmas time we will have our ugly blue laminate countertops gone. Blue just doesn't go with black, burgundy, cream and all the other colors I have in my home. We are going to lay ceramic tile down instead and get new sinks. If we bought prefab counters and all it would be thousands of dollars...which we don't have. So we are going to buy the tile and do it ourselves. My BIL and SIL have done it so we some-what know what we are doing, lol. Then i will be painting my walls that are pink, a brown/beige...(They are not pink by choice: I bought a color that looked beigy on the sample and ended up a terracotta color). SO I am very excited!! It was a nice suprise!

No comments:


My Weight Loss