Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Ouch My Achin' Feet

I sound like an old lady complaining, but man my feet really hurt! It is sad to sound like an old lady at 29, lol. I know the biggest reason is my extra weight, but there are more contributers to the problem.

Mike, the kids and I have started walking almost every night. I push Peyton in the stroller, Mike pulls Emmalee in the wagon (sometimes Dawson too) and Dawson rides his bike. We walk a total of 2 miles a night and hope to get up to 3.

I was really happy today. I can tell I am getting some endurance and the 2 miles didn't hurt like it did at first. Well it didn't hurt until later tonight atleast. My arches are awful from having kids and gaining extra weight. I was sitting down watching a movie and putting my clothes on hangers. I was down for a while. When I got up I wanted to cry because my feet hurt so bad. This usually only happens first thing in the morning.

So now I am dreading getting out of bed in the morning. I can deal with sore muscles, etc. Sore muscles are a positive sign that something is happening. But add sore feet on top of that and it just sucks.

I guess no pain no gain. I have to keep reminding myself that in 40 lbs or so my weight won't affect my feet so much. I have some really nice addidas shoes w/ the spring cushions in back and Dr Scholls gel insoles in them. Does anyone know of a better shoe or insole cushion?? Any other tips??

O

3 comments:

Tiff Hunt said...

I would suggest going to a chiropractor. I don't know of any good ones in the valley, but going to a chiropractor really helped me out a ton. I used to have all over pain when I walked or ran, but after going to a chiropractor. It hasen't hurt as bad. I would suggest stretching them out really good too. I don't really know how to do foot stretches, but it might help.

I am so proud of you. I have been swimming or walking every day. I need to do my pilates. I just haven't had the will power. Hey, tomorrow a bunch of us are going to lunch, I would love for you to come. What do you say? email me your phone number and I will call you with the details. huntfamily03@gmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon.
Tiffany

The Gould Family said...

sorry about the feet!! i have no suggestions, sorry. i hope you can find something to help you!
yay for you and your family and the walking... i wish i went walking...i really need to get out and do that!!

Amanda said...

I've heard that Crocs are really good for wearing around the house. They're supposed to give great cushioning and are also supposed to stimulate your feet.

And, my ballet dancing SIL told me that you can rub your feet over tennis balls at night for a good foot massage.

I hate how sore my feet get at night, so I can sympathize a bit! I hope you find something that works for you!


My Weight Loss