Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Digital Scrapbooking

Okay so I have joined the digital scrapbooking cult, lol. I have made about 20 pages this last week. It is so much fun. I am so thankful that we can do so much with computers now! I am just going to try and figure out how to transfer my pages to photoshop and make them Html compatible. Thanks for the tips Emily! I will try them tomorrow.

The slumber party last night was a success!! Dawson, Emmalee and I made a pizza, then they helped me clean the house. As a reward we made sundaes, complete with hot fudge, whip cream and carmel. They LOVED that! Obviously my diet was put on halt for the night...just for the night though. Then we watched 'The Secret of Nhim' (sp?)and spongebob in my bedroom. It was a lot fo fun!

Tonight bedtime went pretty well. It did take a bit longer to do things without Mike. The kids did their chores, brushed their teeth and showered with just a bit of complaining. Then we read 1 Nephi Chapter 3. I used it as an example of how their complaining was like Laman and Lemuel's murmuring. I explained that if they keep the Lord's commandments then he will help them to have stregnth to do what they are told. I told them that obeying Mom and Dad is a commandment and that murmuring is disobeying that commandment. Then I asked them if they wanted to be like Laman and Lemuel or like Nephi...they both said Nephi!!! Then they went to bed without fighting me.

I was then able to have a good half hour alone with Peyton before he went to sleep. I fed him and then we rocked and cuddled. It was so nice to have it quiet while I did that. Cuddling times are getting to be few and far between with him now that he wants to be mobile and know everything going on around him. I love that baby so much. He has been such a blessing in my life. Today one of my friends told me that I needed to start manufacturing Peyton's for everyone else, lol. He is a sweet, easy baby, plus he is so stinkin' cute on top of that!!! I am biased though.

I do miss Mike though. The nights are lonely and I miss hanging out with him. I will be so happy to have him home on saturday!! This will be the longest we have ever been apart.

No comments:


My Weight Loss