Monday, June 25, 2007

Making Changes.........

This year has been a year of changes for me. The most obvious ofcourse, is from going from 2 kids to 3. I love my kids so much and want to be the best mother to them. I know I have to make some changes though. These thoughts have been on my mind a lot for a long time. Actually I feel like they are being amplified in my mind lately. I just haven't committed whole heartedly. I think sometimes it can take time and you need to be ready to make these changes.


I think it all started when Mike and I made a goal to pay a full tithe this year. We have been very spiratic with paying tithing for years. It is strange because when I was younger I never had a problem paying tithing half the time I paid extra. I loved the feeling of peace it gave me.

Ofcourse marriage, mortgage and kids came financial struggles. Juggling bills is no fun and a lot of times tithing got put aside. We promised we would catch up, etc. Never happened. Well in Nov our Bishop challeneged us to pay a full tithe. I am so happy to say that since November we have been full tithe payers. He promised that the Lord would bless us and that we would be able to make it. I am so thankful to say that my faith in tithing has increased. I never want to go without paying tithing ever again.

I have seen quite a few blessing because we have been paying tithing. We are obviously not rich in monetary terms. Instead we are rich with the gospel, family and friends. We have also been making better choices with our money and we always have enough for what we really need (food, clothes, a few fun things, etc). I am so thankful for that.

The second thing was somewhat of a suprise. For a long time I wasn't feeling comfortable in my ward. I guess I was insecure and sort of a hermit. I never put much effort into making friends. I had been in a comfort zone in my old ward and really missed it. I dreaded Relief Society because I sat by myself. I gladly accepted a calling to teach in Primary 2 years ago. I felt included there and I was Happy.

I rarely would go to ward activities or Enrichment Night. Sadly I missed many opportunities to grow and make wonderful friends. There is one girl in the ward (you know who you are) who has become such a wonderful friend and I love her like a sister. I thank her for being such a great friend!!

She never gave up on me. For over a year she tried to get me involved in activities. Finally I felt ready to get out of my shell, partly because of her and partly because I realized that I had lost site of ME. I have been blessed with so many blessing, and friends through this experience.

I also started going visiting teaching again. I didn't have that as a calling for a long time because I honestly had no way to go when we had one car and MIke was working 2 jobs. I have felt a whole lot more involved in the ward since then. I love meeting new sisters and have made some great friends because of it.

Now for my newest change. I am feeling more and more like I am not just going thru the motions with church stuff anymore. I am planning on doing my bishops challenge of reading 10 pages from the book of mormon a week. I plan on doing it alone, with the kids and with Mike. I am hoping it will help me be a better mom, wife, friend and help me to know when I am doing my best at things and not feel guilty. I had more to write but Sir Peyton has woken up, so I better get him....brb......

I am also gonna try to have a better outlook on the challenges that life gives me. I complain a lot, I can't deny that. I was dreading this week because Mike will be gone at scout camp all week. I was afraid I would be fighting with the kids etc.

Someone told me to act like it is a vactaion from heavy chores, etc. I went to a little social for the scout leaders families last night and while the men planned out scout camp, the girls did what we do best...chatted. Our former Bishop's wife commented that times like this she tries to make it fun for her and the kids. She said she lets the kids have cereal for dinner,puts some of the ehavier chores off and finds some time for her to reflect on things. I have decided that is how I will spend this week. Tonight we are gonna make our own pizza's, then go to McDonald's for ice cream and then we are going to have a slumber party in my room. It should be fun!

One thing that I KNOW will help me change my attitude is to read my scriptures more. No more "poor Me" pitty parties either. Another friend reminded me that while Mike is gone serving in his calling I will have extra blessings of patience and help if I put my trust in the lord. I can do that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like things are looking up. Not because of good luck, but because of good choices! That makes it so much more satisfying!

I feel inspired to get out more, read my bible more, and reap the fruits of positive choices! :D


My Weight Loss