Saturday, June 09, 2007

I stole this from my friend Kristen

I hope you don't mind that I stole this from your blog Kristen. I love it and now I wanna do a wall hanging of it! I have been kinda bummed cuz I feel like I haven't been caught up on my homemaking, but then this poem puts it all into perspective. Thanks for sharing it Kristen!

Excuse this Home:

Some homes try to hide the fact
That children shelter there
Ours boasts of it quite openly
The signs are everywhere
For smears are on the windows
Little smudges on the door
I should apologize I guess
For the toys strewn on the floor
But I sat down with the children
We played and laughed and read
And if the door bell doesn’t shine
Their eyes will shine instead
For when at times I am forced to choose
The one job or the other
I want to be a homemaker
But first I’ll be a mother

2 comments:

Tiff Hunt said...

Pattie, I am so glad you found me. How are you? I miss seeing you. The last time I saw you was when I was pregnant. Your kids are beautiful. I will add you to my links. Thank you so much for finding me. It will be so much fun to read about life. If you ever come to Utah, Please, please call. We are coming down soon. We will have to get together.

kh said...

Well hello Patti! What a wonderful surprise to know you too have a blog! YEAH! I have been meaning to call you about an outing to the park for a picnic. Let's definately get together.

I am adding you as a link.

And of course it's okay you posted that poem, it's a great one!

Can't wait to see you! Marcor and Matalin will be so happy!


My Weight Loss