Friday, October 19, 2007

Dawson's field trip to the zoo!

One of the things I LOVE about being a stay at home mom is being able to go ob field trips or helping out at Dawson's school. I have been able to go to every one of his field trips so far thanks to my mom and Shanna for kindly watching my younger monkeys. Yesterday we went to the zoo. It was so much fun. I only had to chaperone 3 kids (including Dawson). One of them did seem to be a bit ADD though. I had to constantly keep an eye on him or he would wander. He wander countless times and I was so scared I would be the parent who lost someone's kid. I swear he moved at the speed of light. I would see him and the next minute he was gone. It was a bit stressful for that reason, but otherwise fun.

Luckily I know one of the mom's of a friend in Dawson's class. We kept our groups together, it was nice to have the company and help, lol. I had a great time getting to know her better.

It was a lot of fun to see Dawson with his friends. He has a whole other side of him I don't get to see, so it was fun watching him. He is such a great, sweet kid and I am thankful for all the great friends he has.

Here are some pics. I am so embarrassed about how his hair looks. I have been nagging Mike to cut it for weeks, but he wants to grow it out a bit. It is driving me nnuts. I like clean-cut hair, especially since his is curly and gets poofy when it grows out. Plus when it is shaved short I don't have to comb it in the morning or worry that it looks messy. So I have warned him that if he doesn't cut it this weekend I will take him to my friend Tammy who does my hair and get it cut this weekend. It better motivate him.

Here are the boys in our group:

l-r Chace (the wanderer), Dawson and Carlos (awesome kid)posing with their fave animals!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I loved this Scarlet Macaw! Isn't she beautiful??!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The boys in the Rainforest/South America Exhibit:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These were some dang huge tortoises!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We had a lot of fun! I can't wait for the next field trip in Feb!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That looks like so much fun! I seriously miss the Phoenix Zoo. Other zoos I've been to just really don't compare at all.


My Weight Loss