Friday, May 16, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Okay so since I have been feeling better (almost 2 weeks now!) Mike and I have been spring cleaning. Actually it should be quarter-yearly cleaning. I decided that even after getting rid of bags of toys every 3 or 4 months that the kids still have too mnay toys. I rarely buy toys for the kids, if anything it is books I buy, so they make out like bandits at their Bday parties and christmas. Well i found more broken toys and toys they haven't played with in over 4 months. It was down to a whole bag of crap for goodwill instead of 3 or 4. It includes clothes, toys and anything around the house we haven't touched in a while. I have to say I feel like I am on top of it all again. I have three smaller plastic tubs in the playroom for toys, one for dress-up, one for outdoor stuff and one for stuffed animals. Then I have the rack with leggos, and other toys sets. I used to have 2 huge tubs plus the rack, plus two huge tubs, one for each of my older kids rooms. They each have 1 small tub in their room now. I also got rid of old dishes, old clothe sof ours, etc. Then the happ/sad stuff. i am packing all the baby stuff, except the crib, playpen and saucer and toys ofcourse. It makes me sad that Peyton is getting, big, but nice ot have more room.

We bought Dawson and Peyton a new bunk bed set off Craigslist. Obviously Peyton will not be in for almost a year, but I couldn't pass the deal up. It is a bottom full, top twin bed with a desk on the side. Dawson gets so distracted when he does his homework out here, so I decided I wanted something to help him in his room. It is so nice and we got it for $150! Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE Craigslist?? I do! I will ahve to take some pics. I also bought new bedding. I searched everywhere for Camo bedding and could only find a set with comforter, skirt and sham or just a full or twin for a lot of money. I found a set at Bed Bath and Beyond that had all the above, plus flat/fitted sheets and 2 pillow cases and 2 shams (1 of each for the twin) for about the same as those other sets. I would have had to spend like $30 or $40 more for the sheets if i bought the other set. They only had the full so they ordered the twin set and it will be delivered to me for free because they like me, lol. I am not sure why they waived the $6.95 shipping, they said because I had been in before looking for the set, so it was a great suprise. Mime got the bed together on tuesday and the bed and bedding look awesome. I just need to hang the wood framed mirror and deer antlers and get my mock coleman lantern lap and their room will be done!

I seriously LOVE decorating and if I was rich I would be doing it all the time. It is so much fun to make the decisions and see the finished product. I will post some pics when i am done.

Well I am finally tired so good night!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Good job on the spring cleaning! It sounds like you accomplished a lot!
Awesome deal on the new bed set. I bet the room looks great!

lorelei (Fab D*zines) said...

sounds productive. maeks me want to do my house.
can't wait to see pics


My Weight Loss