Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I know it is late, but it's the thought that counts, right? Anyways I hope all my friends had a wonderful Mother's day! Mine was great. At 7::30 I am awoken by Mike's alarm. He says he has meetings today and to go back to sleep. I think hmm, it is early and Mother's day why meetings? Then I think maybe they had to have a meeting and are doing it early so they can be home to help their wives get the kids ready for church. Anyway, I fall back to sleep. I wake up hearing Mike saying "Okay let's bring Mommy some Pancakes". So I quickly pretend to still be asleep. Emmalee nudges me and I pretend to have trouble waking up. They made me a yummy breakfast in bed. It was really sweet. Then Emmalee brings me my card and Dawson brings my gifts. Dawson got me a steering wheel cover. It is cute with hearts, I love hearts. It is a little loud for me, but I love it and think it is great because he thought of it himself. PLus it will be nice now that the hot weather is upon us. No more burning my hands on the steering wheel. Emmalee got me two really cute necklaces. Mike said she picked them out herself and I have to say she did a great job! Mike got me a really cool watch that I love! Peyton gave me a huge, smile and a slobbery kiss!

Mike and the kids made dinner and cleaned the house and let me take a nice loong nap. I LOVE naps, but rarely get to take one or if I do it is interrupted a lot. So it was great to have quiet and recharge. I love and look forward to Mother's Day every year because I have a hubby and kids who really make it a great day and make me feel appreciated.

I am so thankful and blessed to be a mommy. I love my kids and have learned and grown so much from being their mom. They light up my life (cheesy, but oh well) and I cannot imagine my life without them.

I also wanted to tell my Mom how much I love her. She has always been a great example of choosing the right, perseveering and her testimony truly helped mold mine and my life I chose. I love you mom. Thank You for everything that you have done and continue to do for me and my family.

2 comments:

Teanne said...

Aaaaaww. Your mother's day story is so sweet! You have a great family. What thoughtful gifts...and breakfast in bed? Wow!
You and Billy are funny- I just realized, both of you like naps a lot! haha. I think he would sleep away the day if he could.

Lucia said...

That is so cool. What a lot of thought and effort your family put into mother's day! I'm impressed.


My Weight Loss