Monday, June 30, 2008

26 lbs lost so far

I have a looong way to go but I am so happy to say that I have lost 26 lbs! I can feel it in my clothes, but not much else. I just need to keep my motivation going It can be so hard sometimes. I know this is a shocker, but I LOVE food. My illpower can diminish when I see a piece of pizza or anything and everything that is chocolate..well except dark chocolate disgusting!). I am hitting that point now and although I have been losing I know that I don't have my whole heart in it like I did last time. I realized that last time I made posts about all my goals and updates. I know I need to do that again. So I decided to make a few goals nd post why I am losing the weight.

Goals

1. To lose 5 lbs by August 5th

2 to find some kind of exercise that I can comfortably do with my heal spurs. I guess I haven't wrote about that. Well over the last year I have had foot ain that started tolerable, but annoying and ha become excrutiating. Getting out of bed,exercise or walking for long periods of time just kill them and tehy can hurt for days from it. It got so bad that they hurt all the time now, bu getting up from sitting kills. Well one morning my sweet Peyton ( who has been having toruble sleeping through the night lately) woke up for the 5th time at 6 am. My feet hurt so bad I yelp. I tried to walk to his crib. I pretty much was planning on crawling to his crib. Mike woke up and made me get back in bed and he tended to Peyton (I love him!). Then told me that I better make a Dr appt tomorrow. He had been begging me to for so long. I figured it as my weight and as I lost weight it would get better. WRONG! It ahs gottenworse since I have been losing weight. I finally went to the Dr. and she was 95% sure it was heel spurs. A hel spur is when a calcium build-up attaches to the arcand heel. and it hurts like a son of a gun! Well I had X-rays, blood work. The DR never called back. I called once and she was out (day off) another Dr called and said she would call me on monday. She didn't. She gave me a strong NSAID for the pain and it helps, but doesn't take all the pain away. I don't want to take pain killers all my life, I want to get rid of the problem. So I will be calling her again tomorrow. Anyways so exercising has been difficult.

3. To write down all my points and not just track them in my head.
4. More fruits and vegges and less diet coke
5 way more water

Those are simple goals for now.


My reasons for losing weight are

1. For me. I do no feel like me right now. I used to love hiking and biking and all. I love clothes an dlooking nice.

2. To lower my risk of diabetes

3. For my family. I miss playing on the playground with my kid and being teh fun active mom I was 2 years ago. To look good for Mike too.

Those are the most important goals right now.

I hope in a few months I can have nother 25 lbs lost!!

here is a pic in Dec and one from last week. Now you can't completely compare because one is a head shot, but you can atleast tell in my face.

Jan 2008
Photobucket
June 2008

Photobucket

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see it in your face! You're doing great! Food is my weakness, especially brownies lately, and pizza, and.......name it! Hayden folded his arms on Sunday and griped at me in Sacrament Meeting how much he misses that ward "I don't want to go to primary, I want to go see Jessi" he said. Funny, no mention of the girlfriends this time, just the teacher now. I think he keeps having subs and doesn't have anything stable going on. I dunno!
Let me know of anything you guys do up there, I miss talking with you & Ashley!

Amanda said...

It's totally noticeable in your face! Way to go! That's a huge accomplishment and I hope you're feeling incredibly proud of what you've been able to do so far!

Anonymous said...

You look awesome Patti, I know you will get to your goal. I am impressed by all you have done in the past, I totally need to get going on the weightloss too.

Morris family said...

hey girl i noticed on your facebook you had a blog so hopefully it was ok i looked it up!!!you look great and i cant wait to see you!!i am trying to lose wieght once again aswell!!
sam

Tiff Hunt said...

YOu are truly amazing to me! I need to find some inspiration myself. I have a hard time doing it! I am super impressed with you! Keep up the amazing work, and I hope you get your heel spurs worked out! Maybe try going and getting your feet massaged. I know, massage is my answer to everything lately! HA! Thanks for your sweet comments about me on your blog too! I think you are amazing. I am so happy that Mike found you! Tell him I said hello! LOVE YA!

Ashby said...

That's great Patti! Way to go!

Zach Amy Ruger and Ryder said...

26lbs thats awesome you look great!!

Teanne said...

You are doing so good! You can really see it in the picture. 26 lbs is a lot! I bet it feels good.
I'll be joining you soon on the weight loss. I already lost 14lbs in a day! Having a baby will do that to you huh- :) when else can you say that?

"Nana" said...

Go Patti, go Patti, go!! I hope your feet get out of your way, yoga might be easier on them. There are free online classes (they are really good too) at www.yogatoday.com if you care to try it out. YOU LOOK GREAT!!

Amy said...

don't give up! You're my role model! xoxoxo


My Weight Loss