Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Weekly Update

The last few weeks have been so busy and crazy. Each week atleast one of us was sick. Peyton had 2 ear infection in a month. Last Monday he had a fever of 103 when he woke up from his morning nap. I gave him motrin and by 11:30 it was at 104.4! I piggy-backed his motrin dose with tylenol. The fever did not budge after an hour. So by 1 I called the pediatricin's office. by 2:30 the fever was still there. I was freaking out. None of my kids have EVER had a fever that high, plus it is my 13 month old with it. I had not heard back from the pediatrician by 3:45, so I decided that once Dawson got home we would go to urgent care. All I can say is that NextCare Urgent care on Power and Brown is awesome. We waited a bit, but once they took him back to triage and saw he had such a high fever( it had thankfully gone down to 103.4), they kept him back, gave him some motrin and had the Dr check him right away. The Dr. thought that he may have bronchiolitis, but wasn't positive. He had the nurse check his temp bever we left and it had gone up to 103.7 1/2 hour after the motrin. So he told us that he wouldn't be able to consciously send us home and that he didn't have enough resources to find out what it may be, so he sent us to the ER. We went to Banner Gateway. The Nurses (except the admitting nurse) were awesome. After 3 or more hours of waiting we got called back to a room and 1.5 hours later (I kid you not) the Dr came in. He was back to 104.2. The Dr (who was preggo) asked what his symptoms were, and had the odacity to ask me "Why?" I brought him in. No worries about my baby's temperature boiling or anything. No worries that it is RSV and flu seasona nd he is barely over 1 and underweight for his age. I was not happy. They did a strep and RSV test, both came back negative. She never listened to his breathing. Then they did a chest Xray. They had us wait in the patient waiting wing. They forgot to give him the dose of motrin they promised. I had to ask a nurse over the waiting area (who was very wonderful) for the motrin. at 2 am the Dr came and told us that he had Pneumonia. No apologies for treating me like a over worried mom or anything. She says that she is going to prescribe him Omnicef. I had told her that he had been on Amoxicillin and omnicef in the last month (the omnicef only a week ago). Can you guess what she gave him??? Yep Omnicef. I was not happy. He has had antibiotics so much in teh last few months that I didn't want him on the same thing so soon. They also gave him a shot of an antibiotic that I can't remember and they did nto write down on his paperwork. I was not happy with the ER. I will go to banner desert next time one of my kids is sick. I took Emm there once and they are so much more understanding with children.

Mike and Billy ahd given him a blessing before the ER and that seemed to help to. I am so thankful for the Priesthood and the blessings it brings. He was better even before his first dose of Omnicef.

He is almost 100% better now. He still has a throaty cough, and his appetite is almost back to normal..he is still a picky eater, lol.

It was so hard to see him so sick and not be able to make it better. I am so thankful he is healthy again.


We have also been busy with Joyschool (we finally started it up again), dance lesson's, dawson's T-Ball and 1st grade Musical, family in town, birthday parties, etc. I don't see things slowing down until after school is out!

Mike got me a new toy!

Photobucket

It is an anniversary gift (we haven't been able to celbrate yet because of sicko kids). My old camera was going Bipolar on us. It would pop up the pic I just took each time I tried to take another picture. I love it it is so small and takes awesome pics (I will post some soon).

Well I better go clean the house...Oh teh joy!!! LOL!!

3 comments:

Creel Family said...

That's so funny that you commented on my blog! I was just going to comment on yours and add you to my list. Your blog is so cute!

Joey & Tiffanye said...

I am happy Peyton is feeling better. I can believe that Dr treated you that way. Hopefully he is 100% better soon!

Joey & Tiffanye said...

Hey Patti! I was wondering if you would be willing to make me a cute diaper bag like yours? I will pay of course. But yours is so cute! So just let me know ok? If not its ok. I know your super busy with those kiddos! Love ya


My Weight Loss