Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Some Happy Bloggings... My children's birth stories.

The Birth Of Dawson Michael Price
Dawson was born on 8/13/2001 @ 12:19 am
He weighed 6 lbs, 5 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long

The last trimester of my pregnancy was very slow, since I was on bed rest for most of it. It was a very special time though. I loved to feel Dawson move around. I especially loved when I could see my stomach move. Mike and I would spend lots of nights talking to Dawson and trying to make him move my stomach.

I knew for a few months that I would be having Dawson early because of my pressure problems. So I was so excited when I got the call to come down to the hospital to have my baby. I started crying a little. I came to the hospital scared of what to expect during delivery. I was very fortunante because I had a very easy and safe delivery. I had been dialated to 4cm for a few weeks (without going in to labor), so I had an advantage right there. Once they gave me the pitocin ( to put me into labor). I quickly got the epidural so I never felt too much pain. I just remember having the shakes a lot (which really scared me. I was very fortunate to have my mom, Tiffany Larsen and Lanae Udall in there with Mike and I during the labor (everyone but Mike and my Mom left during the delivery). All in all my labor was only about 5 to 5 ½ hours. And then We had our little Dawson. I was such an incredible feeling to see him. I remember crying and just feeling so peaceful. He came out with the biggest pouty face. He wasn't crying too much at first so that scared me a little. But he was just fine! It is amazing how much love you have for your child from the moment you lay eyes on them. He was so perfect. He had a headful of hair (which he later lost!) and big, big eyes. He is the most beautiful baby. After a few weeks mother hood was not scary (once I got the hang of it) It has been such a wonderful time in my life. I love Dawson so much. He is such a special person. We are very fortunate that he has been a really easy baby. He has slept through the nite (12 hours) since 2 ½ months, he hardly ever cries and when he does it's not for very long. He is always happy. He wakes up smiling. Where he inherited that I will never know. He is so much fun, always smiling and giggling. Everybody always comments on howcute, happy and good he is. I feel so lucky to have him as my son. I look forward to having many more children with Mike. Having Dawson has made my love multiply so much for Mike. I love him so much. He is truly my best friend.

Emmalee Monique Price's Birth Story
Emmalee was born on 3/10/2004 at 3:27 p.m.
She weighed 7 lbs, 9 oz and was 20 inches long

Emmalee is finally here!!! We are so happy to have her and feel that sweet spirit only a baby can bring to a home! Here is how she came to us:
On Thurs March 4th, I went to my weekly OB visit. I told him how I had been starting to see stars (or flashes of light) and my pressure was kinda high. I had the pressure problem with Dawson too, and so my doctor knew to watch me. With all those problems,He was really concerned. He told me to go back on bedrest that weekend. He said that he was going out of town in a few hours or else he would have put me on the induction list right then and there He made me go to the hospital and get a non stress test and work , to check for toxemia. He wanted to deliver my baby. So I went on bedrest and went in again on Monday. My BP was 163/90. It had been high at home too. So the first thing my doctor said when he cam in was "it's time for you to have this baby", (I was 38 weeks preggo). So he stripped my membranes (OUCH!), which never put me into labor, but it was worth a try. He prefered for me to have her that day, but I never went into labor. He also put me on the induction list and more BP medicine. Well, wednsday morning, March 10th at 5 am I got a call from the hospital to come down to get induced. We got there at 6:30 am. They gave me pitocin at 8:30. OH and i was already dialated to a 3 and 85% effaced. So I would go into labor fast w/ the pitocin, right? Wrong? I had contractions, but they hardly hurt. I wasn't in labor yet, grrr... At 1:30 Dr layton came and broke my water. I figured we would have a baby maybe by 6 that night. 20 minutes later I was ready for the epidural. I had to wait a little while until the DR came to give it to me. He tried forever to get it in, but couldn't get in the right spot. So I was in pain. Well, finally he got it in. The nurse checked me and I was at a 9 1/2. Whoa!!!! The epidural never kicked in. It took a little edge off, but I was still in pain big time. The pressure was so unbelievable. My doctor came, I pushed thru three contractioins and at 3:27 pm, On March 10th 2004, Emmalee Monique Price was born! 3 minutes shy of a 2 hour labor. Thank goodness it was short. because it was so painful. Emmalee weighed in at 7 lbs, 9 oz and was 20 inches long. She is so beautiful!!! I think she looks a lot like her Daddy! I am so loving having a boy and a !
*Oh a side note...right beofre I was to push, I told Mike that this was our last child. I was in that much pain. I absolutely meant it at the time. Ofcourse now I want 1 or 2 more. The things we say whiole we are in labor.

No comments:


My Weight Loss