Sunday, January 30, 2005

A poem that I love

Okay, a friend gave me this poem the other day. IT really gives me some perspective. I need to slow down and enjoy my life and my kids and not always worry about everything.

Rock-a-bye Baby
(by Ruth Hulbert Hamiltonadapted by Wendy Lyn)
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrowFor babies grow up,we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs, Dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.


I love that poem. Except that it reminds me that my little Emmalee will be one in like 5 weeks. She is my baby, she's not allowed to grow..lol. And Dawson will be ion Kindergarten in 18 months. That makes me want to cry. It seems like he was just a baby yesterday. I adore my kids, they are my life! This poem makes me realize that I need to slow down and really enjoy this small window of time when they are little. I'm sure it will be gone befor eI know it.

No comments:


My Weight Loss