Tuesday, February 08, 2005

it's a start...

Okay, I have had a shower before 3 pm for 2 days in a row!!!! It was great. It really makes me feel like doing things after I showered. I didn't pray or read my scriptures though. I am really gonna try tomorrow.

I was watching Nanny Rescue (or whatever it is called on ABC). First off I could not believe how disrespectful those 4 yr old twins were. I don't know how their parent's didn't lose it with them!!! Especially when the told her mom to back off and called her a butt pie. I am old fashioned and that would have been grounds for a swat on the hynie! Then you feel so bad for that poor little boy! Always the scapegoat for the things that his sisters do. That made me so mad!! It made me realize that Dawson isn't as as I thought too.

Anyways, I really liked the corner. I have done time out and it didn't really work. Probably because I would never get on Dawson's level when I would take him there. Then I would keep talking to him and tell him to face the wall, etc. I like how they made the s apologize afterwards and the parent's said they loved them afterwards today. I tried the nanny's method today. It worked. dawson stayed in the corner, and I never had to raise my voice at all! I raising my voice at him, it makes me feel like a bad mommy.

Then I really liked how she wrote out a schedule for the family. I am such a dork, but I made a schedule today. I am really going to try to stick to it too. That means less computer, but I wanna see if it will help me feel more structured (I don't like structure, but being the procrastinator that I am, I need it). I am also hoping it will help the kids and help me to spend more time with them. There are many days when I don't. I am either cleaning or on the computer and I feel bad about that. I alloted spaces for me to shower, workout, do my scriptures and prayer, and cleaning. Then the whole evening will be to relax..I like that! I hope that it works!

I just have to say that that was my first time watching Nanny rescue, but I really liked it!

We'll I need to fish cleaning so I can watch Gilmore s! Good night all!

1 comment:

Angel said...

I am addicted to that show! And I am so proud of you for taking steps to improve yourself! It's hard, but you can do it! Good luck! You and your family will be better for it.


My Weight Loss