Saturday, September 06, 2008

This one deserved it's own post. Warning NOT for the squeemish!

This is Bella or Belle as Dawson calls her. She is a very sweet Border Collie. We bought her from my sister-in-law Kayleen's Grandpa, Tex. She was so sweet we chose her right away. Then headed home from St Johns.

Photobucket

Just for the record I did not name her Bella because of my obsession, lol, with twilight. Her name was Belle before we got her. Then Mike said he liked Bella better and I did too. So while Dawson still calls her Belle, we call her Bella.

Well we passed the chapel and were just past the hill out of town when Mike looked back. Bella was on the back set, well on top of it between Emmalee and Dawson. Mike says, "Oh Crap". I look back and Bella was hurling!

We pull over nad grab paper towels and clorox wipes from the back. Mike starts to clean and just couldn't do it. Suddenly he starts throwing up. What a wimp! So I start cleaning and thought I got it all. We drove back to St Johns and bought Febreeze and air freshener and sprayed a lot. We out a blanket down and she threw up 2 more times in a contained area on the blanket. I could handle that. We made lots of stops to get fresh air and to let her calm down and feel better. The whole way home she looked at us with those choclate eyes as if to say "I am so sorry!".

Then outside of Payson out tent and play pen fall off the luggage rack and comitted suicide. Well the play pen did anyway. The pad was all cracked and so it was a throw away. I found a nice playpen at Toys r us. It was on clearance. It was originally $179 and I got it for $70 with a protection plan so if the netting rips (which I hadve experienced twice) they will replace it.


Okay so fast forward we are home aorund midnight. we unload everything and take Emm's carseat out because it got some throw up on the back of it. I had cleaned it off but decided t wash the cover just in case any had gotten on it. Well we got it out and look and (behind Emm's carseat only) the whole back of the seat was covered in dog throw up. I wanted to just run away or leave the van on the side of the road.

We ended up taking the seat out, hosing it, oxy cleaning it and using the steam cleaner on it. Then Mike decided to just shampoo all the seats and floor of my van. I detailed everything and now my van is the cleanest it has been in 3 years. I love it!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Okay I'm a moran...the first time I tried viewing your blog it wouldn't let me in so I sent you a request for an invite! Oh looky there...you're not private after all! Cute family and congrats on the weightloss. I too am working to lose weight and I applaud all who are working very hard to do so! We need people in our corner to cheer us on don't we.

Okay...now to the post...Seriously you all deserve a medal or something because this little trip warrants one! That is a lot to report on. I'm glad you survived!

Morris family said...

oh no!! im sorry that didnt go the way you had hoped!1 i too would have sent the dog back!!

Megan said...

Oh my that is so GROSS, I don't think I could handle it! you DO deserve a medal!


My Weight Loss