Wednesday, December 05, 2007

It's Go Time!

I have been feeling a bit down lately and I knwo the culprit is my weight. I can't afford to do Weight Watchers right now and so I needed some sort of support or motivation. I tried with different friends and having a weigh in w/ my husband once aweek but I was still slacking. Then I thought about a good friend of mine, Tiffany Dansie. She is the picture of health and fitness. I realized I had been going to people for support who were in my shoes and that just doesn't work because they all slack like me. So I called her and got a lot of great advice.

I am borrowing a workout DVD that she has been telling me about for ages. It s Lindsay Brin's Post natal workout. It seems cool because it is totally customizable for variety and different fitness levels. I am excited to start it tomorrow.

Her best suggestion is going to be he hardest. You see I am what some would call a night owl. So after I see Dawson off to school at 7 am, Emmalee, Peyton and I lay back down for another 1-1.5 hours. I think it has been a mental block since I haven't wanted to try or get started that early. I know that that would be the best time for me to workout. It may sound like no big deal to some but this is going to be so hard for me. I have a feeling it is gonna take a lot of prayer.

I think this will be good for me and I am glad that I have a friend like Tiffany who has acheived her goal and is in great shape to help me without judging me. She is great!

Anyways I am going to post a weekly update on my weight and how I am doing.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

you're nice! we can do this together. i already emailed lindsay and told her that you might be emailing her! you should definitely tell her your situation (weight loss goals, what you do currently for exercise, what you eat, what you want, etc) and she is so willing to help! i have really grown to like her a lot! i'm so excited to do this with you!

Amanda said...

WAY TO GO, PATTI! I think it's awesome that you're doing this. I know you'll be able to make it--and those 7 a.m. mornings will feel so great once you get into your groove. I can't wait to hear how successful you are!

Tiff Hunt said...

I want to join in too. Amy is starting a blog, it's called 'From Cow to Wow' I am going to start posting on that blog. If you want to do it with me that would rock. Let me know. I am with you all the way.
P.S. What an awesome friend you have. Let me know how that video works for you!


My Weight Loss