Wednesday, September 09, 2009

My obsession (okay one of them).

Hi my name is Patti and I am addicted to coupon shopping. I had a dry spell (lazy spell) for a while, but I am back to doing hard core coupon clipping. This last week I have spent about $400 and pratically restocked my whole pantry. It is nice to know that for the next month or two I will only need to restock on cheap stuff and buy perishables. I need to save money with Christmas coming and my Van being on it's last leg.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




Mike and I have really been striving to listen to the prophet and get out of debt and try to save money. I will be honest, it is so hard. I love money, I love to spend money and I love "stuff". Usually it is stuff for the house or Mike or the kids (sometimes for myself). It is very hard for me not to spend money. I have been trying harder lately. Praying helps a lot. Setting goals helps alot too.

Mike on the other hand can keep a $20 bill in his pocket for weeks or months. I usually have to talk him into spending money. It is funny how different we are. I am thankful that we can help balance eachother out. The key is that we are trying very hard to do the finances together. For a long time it was just me and let me tell you having me do the budget is like sending a bull in the china shop. I am no good at organizing and figuring things out. So now we are making it a team effort. It has been good for us.

Anyways I have been rambling. I just wonder what are your strategies for saving money, or not spending it??

4 comments:

CassiB said...

awesome! i love coupons but go through phases with using them and then not using them. lol. good job!

Amanda said...

I'm horrible at the budgeting--so I let Ryan do it, (he's SUPER organized). He tells me where we stand every 2 weeks, which is our pay schedule, so I know how much wiggle room we have at all times. Also, our monthly grocery budget is fixed, but it also includes a set amount for food storage. It's nice because it's my job to keep those purchases within that budget--and that I can do! If there's a large purchase, we'll talk about it and take money out each month toward it. I love having him be in charge because I'm horrible with stuff like that!

collette said...

Way to go!! I try not to spend money by not going to the mall. That is my weakness!

Tiff Hunt said...

We are so alike. I am the same way with money. I like to spend, spend, spend. Paul can hold on to money like no other. I need to learn your coupon tricks. Teach me.


My Weight Loss