Friday, September 18, 2009

My Brave Little Man

So I can no longer be in the "None of my kid's has broken a bone club". Mike and Peyton love to wrestle. Peyton is by far our toughest kid and he has a blast. On Wednsday, Mike and Peyton were wrestling on our bed. Mike likes to lift him up and pretend to throw him on the bed. Well Peyton put his arm down the wrong way and at the wrong time and his arm broke.

Mike said "I just broke his arm!". I was in shock. We hurried and got things packed to take him to the ER. Mike had to find a replacement for mutual and I called and found someone to watch Dawson and Emmalee (THANK YOU LAURRI!!).

We went to Banner Desert. I have been there twice for children's ER visits. I have also been to a few other hospitals ER's for the kids. I LOVE Banner Desert. They have a whole ER wing just for kids. Peyton was taken back within 10 minutes.

They did X-Rays (which I will scan and add here soon). and both bones were broken a bit below the elbow. So a very old Orthopedic Dr. came to set and cast him up. His hands were shaking as he was cutting the bandage that goes under the cast. Mike and I looked at eachother a bit concerned. The Nurses gave him some light anestecia and he was knocked out, with his eyes open and he was SNORING. It was freaky looking.

The Dr set his bones back in place perfectly (even with shaky hands). He added the cast. Then Mike, the nurse and I just waited for him to wake up. He started responding a few minutes later when he heard my voice. About ten minutes later he started blowing me kisses. It melted my heart that after all that he had just went through, he would think to blow Mommy kisses. We waited a bit longer for him to recover and finally left for hm after midnight.

I was so amazed at how strong he was. He whimpered at first and I think it was more because Mike and I were freaking out. He was smiley and silly while we waited in the private ER room. He watched Spongebob (thank goodness for him!) and giggled with us. The Nurses and Dr's were amazed and called him a 'model patient". They told us that most kids w/ broken bones are hysterical and uncooperative. Not my lil' man.

Since he has been home he tells me it doesn't hurt. Infact the only time he complains about it hurting is while I am undressing/dressing him or moving him. He hasn't let him stopped him from playing or laughing or anything.

I just pray it heals quick and NEVER happens again.


Here he is settling into his room. Look at how calm he is:

Photobucket


Right after getting his Morphine:

Photobucket

Chillin' and watching Spongebob:
Photobucket

Waking up from the bone setting/casting:

Photobucket

Popsicle time:

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Speedy Gonzales said...

What a strong little guy! So glad everything went smoothly.


My Weight Loss