Monday, October 06, 2008

Prayers Were Answered!!

This morning Emmalee, Peyton and I were headed to Target to get Peyton some new shoes, and then the park (since it is finally cool enough out). We got to the car, and I realized I had left my wallet and cell phone in the house. I had the kids in the car and so I closed the door and locked it. I would be back in less than a minute, but still.

I got my stuff came out and Emmalee had buckled up already. Emmalee does not know how to unbuckle. Do you see where this is going yet? I had left my keys in the ignition amd my spare keys were in my purse, which was in the car. So yeah my poor babies were locked in the car.

I felt like mother of the year! I tried to calmly coax Emmalee into trying to unbuckle. She couldn't and freaked out everytime I asked her to try again. It was very hard to keep my cool with what had happened and her screaming. If you ahve heard Emmalee scream you know what I mean.

By some small miracle, I had forgotten to lock the door to the house. I knew there was one more spare key somewherein the junk drawer or in te bedroom.. So I ransacked the house and it was no where to be seen. I looked in the junked drawer atleast 5 times and even emptied it.

I decided then to pray. I asked Heavenly Father to either help me find the other spare key or to inspire Emmalee to unbuckle her carseat. I went out again and tried to help Emmalee unbuckle and still no luck. She just screamed.

I went back in and looked in a few new places with no luck. Then the thought came to me to look in the junk drawer, again, for the 6th time. I took everything out again and low and behold there was the spare. I took it out and tried it on the driver side door and it wouldn't open. I tried on the back driver's side door and no luck. I was beyond frustrated at this point, but still praying so hard.

I went to the fron passenger door and it wouldn't open. I prayed again. When I was done I remembered Mike had told me this key was tricky. I felt like I shouldn't push the key all the way in, but instead almost all the way. Am I making sense?? I did this and.....VOILA!!!!....my door opened!! I got in a quickly thanked Heavenly Father for this small, but important miracle!

I always knew he answers us but sometimes we need the small reminders like this to tell us he is here and will help us in all aspects.

2 comments:

Teanne said...

Thank you for telling us this story. I used to pray every time I lost something or needed something as a kid, but now I guess I need to hear a story like that to be reminded. It brought tears to my eyes that only after you prayed could you find that key- the 6th time you looked! That is a miracle. Even small miracles like that are faith building.

Anonymous said...

yeah I'd be panicked...good work calling on higher help! PS that's a fun looking Twilight trailer!


My Weight Loss