Monday, January 28, 2008

We will Miss President Hinckley

Photobucket

I LOVE this cute old man! He is my favorite Prophet and he did so much for our church.

One thing that has always stuck out to me is that I don't think he has missed a conference due to illness. I remember growing up that President Benson was always too ill to speak so someone else would read his talks for him. President Hinckley was so healthy for his age and so funny and sweet. He became more personal to me because of that.

I love thinking of all the many people that he brought Temple ordainences too and how many families have had the privilidge to be sealed. I am sure many may havethought they would never get that chance until he had all tho Temples built.

He brought the gospel out to the world with all of his interviews and cleared up some misconceptions about the church.


I love all of his qoutes and childhood stories, especially the B's.

He definently left a wonderful legacy for or church. I will miss him and I have cried a few times, but then I get this picture of him in myhead and realize that he would not want us to cry. He is happy where he is, but he will be missed here. Though I cried the worst telling my 6 yr old because he didn't understand.

No comments:


My Weight Loss