Thursday, April 19, 2007

Socializing

I was sort of a hermit for a looong time. I think a lot of it had to do with my weight. Lately I have been really working on getting myself out there more. For about 2 years I had a hard time adjusting in my ward (church). I knew people, but I never really put myself out there. I have been going to activities, etc lately. It has made me so much happier.

Most of my friends live over 20 miles or more away so we don't get together that often. So like I said before, I was a bit of a hermit. I would just take the kids out myself no friends etc. Since I have been getting out I am making so many new friends in my ward and having fun things to do a few times a week. I am happier and Emmalee is happier since she can stay at the park longer now and she plays with kids her age.

I notice the things that stressed me at home (chores, etc) don't stress me out as much now because I am not home as much to let them get to me. Plus I manage my time better now and find chores aren't so overwhelming anymore.

It really feels great. I feel like my old social self again. It is so important to keep sight of yourself when you are a mommy. Mike also commented that I am happier and seem more like my old self again.


On to other things..........................

Dawson is almost done with kindergarten. I swear I'm gonna cry when he graduates kindergarten. He is doing so well. He can read whole books if the words aren't too big. He can also add, subtract, count by 5's and 10's, tell time on an old fashioned clock and so many other things. It is the coolest thing to see your child learn and see how smart and capable they are. I am so proud of him!

Emmalee is getting a bit nicer again. She is starting to kiss Peyton and help me more. I was at Weight Watcher's the other day and I was filling something out. I had started to feed Peyton but had to stop. He got fussy and I looked down and Emmalee was feeding him! She is a big helper and I love her so much.

Peyton is babbling, almost rolling over and smiling up a storm. I just love this baby to death! He is so fun and I cannot remember life without him now.

No comments:


My Weight Loss