Thursday, August 12, 2010

First Day of School

Dawson and Emmalee started school on August 3rd. They were both pretty ecited. So far they seem to have really great Teachers. I am happy that the way Dawson's teacher runs her class seems to work well with Dawson.

Last year he was constantly losing homework, not finishing and getting distracted and unfocused all the time. He had seemed that way in years past, but I attributed it to age. Well now at 8 I knew it was more. His Dr diagnosed him with ADD. It isn't the bouncing off the walls hyper ADHD. He just has trouble focusing. Unfortunantley he got it from his Madre (Sorry Dawson).

His Dr. suggested medication. I was mixed on what to do. On one hand I knew exactly what he was going through, and meds could help. Yet I feel weird giving my 8 year old medication. It just makes me a little nervous.

Mike and I decided to modify some things and see how he does that way first. It has not been easy or gone exactly like we would want it to, but for now no meds. This teacher is very organized, and expects a lot but doesn't seem to overwhelm the kids. I am very happy so far.

Emmalee LOVES her teacher. She talks about her all the time. It is really cute. I don't know what it is about Emm, but she always seems to bond well with her tecahers. She was teacher's pet in kindy. Her tecaher alaways tol me that if she could have 30 Emmalee's in her class she would be the happiest teacher ever. I wish she would bring more of that cooperative attitude home :) She does at times.

Emmalee lost her top 2 teeth the first 2 days of school. She looks and sounds so dang cute with those missing teeth. Her teeth are so strange they NEVER go through that transitional "jiggly" stage. She just wakes up with a tooth barely hanging on for dear life. She was afraid to pull them. Mike always tricks her that he is going to just look and he wiggles them out. It doesn't even hurt her.

Here is my toothless wonder, lol
Photobucket

I wanted to do comparison pictures from pre-k till now of the first day of school to see how they have changed:

Emmalee pre k, Kindy, 1st grade:
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Dawson Pre-K, Kindy, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Tiffanyrose said...

He looks so old Patti! Where they not just tiny babies a month ago?!!!!

Hale Yes!! said...

Your kids are getting so big!! I cannot believe it!! I hope things are going well for you and your family!!


My Weight Loss