Thursday, March 08, 2007

I am now a Mama of 3!!!

Introducing my newest little man Peyton!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Peyton was born on 2/21/2007. Here is his birthstory:

Well on 2/21/07 I woke up at 5:30 am with a very painful contraction. I thought nothing until I kept getting them every 10-15 minutes. I xcalled Mike because he had already left for work and told him I wasn’t sure if I was in labor, but this might be it. I tolod him to just keep heading to work and I would let him know if it got worse.

At 7:30 they were still coming so I called my sil and told her I may need them to come over. I said I wanted to give it 20 more minutes and I would call back. Then they were coming 5 minutes apart, but I still wasn’t sure because some weren’t very strong and then they would spread out again.

My brother called me back a few minutes later and said he didn’t care if I didn’t know if I was in labor, he was coming. They got there at 8, Mike was already on his way to the hospital and had insisted that I go too. Mike got there before us!


On the way there they were 3 minutes apart and then they spread out again. I had to use breathing and I was realizing I was in labor, lol.

We got there and they checked me. I was at a 5! So obviously I was admitted. The contractions were 10 minutes apart again. I got my epidural around 10 am and thankfully since the contractions were 10 minutes apart they were able to give it to me quickly and it took effect! (I went so fast w/ Emm that they couldn’t get it in right, and when they finally did, it was time to push, sonit never took effect). When we were first there I told Mike I think 3 is good, lol. After the epi, I told him I could handle having a 4th!

My BP didn’t go up too high, and I felt pretty good for most of the labor. There was a point that I had to have oxygen, because I wasn’t breathing well and Peyton’s hear rate went down. By 12:30 I was at a 9.5. My Dr broke my water around 12:45 or so. I pushed for 10 minutes or so. Peyton came out very fast, and unfortunately his cord was very short and wrapped around his neck. I wasn’t totally aware of this till he was out and on the table. He was very purple. I heard one of the nurses say bag him. I started crying and asked what was going on and the Dr told me. He kept reassuring me that he would be okay.

It took them what seemed like an eternity to get him to pink up, but he did! They put oxygen on him, let me hold him for a second and whisked him off to the special care nursery. As soon as I could walk around I was in there. It was the longest couple hours of my life waiting to go see him. I went and fed him for all his feedings that day. They kept him in the nursery over night just to observe him. By ten the next morning he was in my room.

He is doing so well. We were so blessed that he was able to recuperate so well. I keep thanking Heavenly Father for not answering my prayers when I prayed he would come out earlier. He was so tiny and with what happened at birth I am so happy that he came when he could handle his birth better.

He is such a wonderful baby. He has a quiet cry and looks and acts so much like Dawson did as a newbie. The nurses in the nursery were concerned because he was so quiet. I knew that all was okay because Dawson was like that.
He weighed 6 lbs, 10 oz and was 21 inches long!

He has been such a blessing, and we love him so much! He is so easy and has such a sweet spirit! I am on cloud nin over him. I thank the lord about a million times a day for Peyton and Dawson and Emmalee.

Being a mom is not always easy, but I LOVE being a mommy. I Love seeing my kids together and watching them grow. It is truly the best thing I have ever done!

No comments:


My Weight Loss