Monday, February 27, 2006

It has been 10 years..........

On Feb 29th, 1996, my daddy passed away. It just hit me today that it has been 10 years. I have gotten to that point where I try not to think about it too much or I still get choked up. I miss him so much. He always had a way of making me laugh when I was crying, we were too much a like way too stubborn and we butted heads at times, but he was the one I was closest to. It makes me so sad that he wasn't physically there at my wedding. I know in my heart he was still there, but it just isn't the same, ya know. Then the thing that kills me the most is that he hasn't been there too hold my kids and see them grow up. he couldn't wait to have grandkids. he always told me how he wanted me to get married and have kids. Emm would have had him wrapped around his finger. he would have been the best grandpa.

Sorry, lilke I said before I don't let myself think deeply about him too often. Don't get me wrong not a day goes by that I don't think about him, but I just don't let myself get too into it, ya know?

I just miss him terribly. I want to hear one of his stories that used to bore me to tears. I wish I could remember more of them, or I would love to hear him sing, or hug me.

I do kow I will see him again someday though..that gives me peace.

No comments:


My Weight Loss